Sunday, December 2, 2012

Desktop Application Update

Hey everyone, it's been a couple weeks since I talked about starting work on a desktop application for SWTOR.  Just wanted to give you a bit of an update of where I'm at in the process and how things are going.

I've almost got all of the foundation for the server coding done.  It is going very well.  The server is multi-threaded (meaning each connected client is processed separately of other clients... faster!) and extremely lightweight.  I think it will stand up well under heavy load... but I guess we'll find out eventually =X

The desktop application part is coming along nicely as well.  I'm currently working on the foundation of the application.  I want to make sure there is good base code in place off of which I can build.  Currently, the desktop app can login to the server, validate user information, encrypt data transfer and communicate with other connected clients (for group parsing and maybe PMs/friends list).

Here's a screenshot of the login screen.  Please remember this is very early development and a lot is likely to change, I just want to keep everyone updated with how it's going.



So, next up on the list is to start work on the actual parser portion of the application.  I'm also going to work on creating some nice skins for the overlay components that blend well with SWTOR so the windows don't seem too out of place.  First up will be solo/companion parsing.

Thanks for reading, I'll try to post updates on the progress every couple weeks.  And thank you for the emails with suggestions/comments for the application.  Please feel free to contact me anytime.

1 comment: